Friday, June 3, 2011

Clearance

Ok I was at one of the local malls today looking around to get an idea of exactly how much this years school clothes are going cost. First thing I do is look over the clearance racks. Occasionally there will be a good price on something that my niece will actually wear. I had never been to this particular mall and boy let me tell you I'm not looking forward to a return trip. I would love to know where they come up with their original prices and how they can call the lowered prices "clearance". Honestly how do they
expect you to purchase clothes for kids these days. It's outrageuos and I really don't see how they can think it's acceptable to charge you fifty dollars for a pair of jeans that is full of holes.  As I see it the big wigs of these stores need to be given the budget of an average family and told ok now these are things we need to buy this month and this is how much we have to do it with. Maybe that would wake them up. Then again I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I'm reduced to buying off the sales rack most of the time because I just can't afford to pay full price. And as for shoes... well, it feels like I have to buy shoes for my kids every month or so - my boy wrecks his ALL the time, and my girl just outgrows them. Retail Bigwigs just don't live in the real world when it comes to pricing their merchandise. *eyeroll*

    ReplyDelete